Saturday, February 11, 2012

Update, Writing Challenge

It's becoming clear that I have to give the writing challenge higher priority if I'm really going to accomplish anything.  The "problem" is that my Aunt, who is downsizing, is shipping me much of her genealogy material.  A large box arrived Thursday full of albums of photos of my grandparents, great-grandparents, houses they lived in, etc.  It's so fun!  I felt like I need to begin scanning them immediately and getting them online to be seen by the rest of the family.  However, I think I will slow down, get some archival boxes, albums, etc. before I start.  Then when I scan a set, they can then be inserted into their archival storage.

I believe there are some daguerreotypes - nope, they're tintypes - included.  I'll have to do some research to know what to do with them.

So, today, photo archiving research.  Tomorrow, back to the Oliver Summerlin family.

Happy Searching  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment